Saturday, November 5, 2022

Fall Color from Michigan 2022

 It has been a perfect Autumn here in Michigan, nice weather, vivid colors, and long lasting!  Here is a collection of some things I’ve seen in the last few months.

 Connor Bayou Park  

Mike and I walked here on our 45th!!  Wedding Anniversary.  When we got married there was an announcement in the local newspaper, the headline was, “Couple to live in Grand Haven”.  That still makes me chuckle since both of us have lived here our whole lives.








Bass River Recreation Area






Silver Creek Pathway north of Luther Michigan


Armintrout-Milbocker Nature Preserve in Allegan



Dune Harbor County Park Muskegon County



Kirk Park Ottawa County






Stearns Creek Park Ottawa County. This is where we saw some of the most vivid red leaves,







Rosy Mound Natural Area with my favorite daughter Betsy.  So many stairs but beautiful.






Marie and I went to Hoffmaster State Park in Muskegon County this week.  The temperature was in the high 60’s with sunshine and blue sky!





Marie and I went to Pigeon Creek Park in Ottawa County last week.  It was another beautiful day!


I hope you enjoy these walks and the pictures from them.  Happy Autumn!


10 comments:

New Hampshire Gardener said...

It's no wonder you've lived there all of your lives. It's so beautiful, who could ever leave?
We had a fairly good fall but frosts and freezes have put an end to most of the color now. Come on spring!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks, it really was a good year for fall color. Here we haven’t had a hard frost and we still have green peppers growing in the garden. Now the wait for those spring wildflowers! And of course snow.

aNNa said...

I love your posts, and your pictures. Thank you for sharing, and happy 45th!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thank you, aNNa!

Dave said...

Great Shots!!!! Some really Beautiful Favorite flowers of mine But really they are all my Favorites. You are so talented with the camera. Thank You.

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks Dave. It has been so nice outside and beautiful. I guess today November weather really starts. I don’t think I’m ready for it!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I've missed out on this for a whole week! Beautiful photos, sister! Marie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marie. We were too busy this week having fun!

Anonymous said...

That closed gentian was photographed at Silver Creek state campground on the Pine River in Lake Co. this year (2022)? Very nice. I’ve never seen any gentian there; I’ll have to look harder next fall!
This is a very nice blog. I don’t know why I never knew about it before. Thanks so much.
Nick Krieger
Ludington

Plants Amaze Me said...

Nick Krieger hello. I’m glad you enjoyed the blog.
Sorry if I didn’t make it clear that the Bottle Gentian I saw at Bass River Recreation Area in Ottawa County. It is a great place to see both the blue/ purple color and also the white variety. I have seen them both along the Manistee River Trail.
Thank you, Chris