Thursday, March 19, 2020

Skunk Cabbage at Hemlock Crossing County Park in West Olive, Michigan

2020 03 19
Hours before Spring arrives I visited Hemlock Crossing to find the Skunk Cabbage.  They were there just as I expected! 
 
 

 
I walked from Hemlock Crossing Park to Pine Bend Park then back again, adding in some extra loops for a three mile walk!  No sun or blue sky, still it was wonderful to be out in the fresh air.
 


 Pigeon River


 
 
 Skunk Cabbage!

 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 Weaver House at Pine Bend County Park

 
 
 
  I did talk to this guy for a bit!  Oh Hello!

 I hope you enjoyed my walk too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get out and see the Skunk Cabbage. It is more fun to see them in person than just pictures. That was a good walk!
🙂 JL

Allen Norcross said...

Even with only skunk cabbage and a cloudy sky it's still a great time of year to be outside. The spring beauties will be in bloom before you know it!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks, JL I'm glad I made the effort to go see the Skunk Cabbage in person, and I'm glad you enjoyed the walk too!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Allen you are exactly right, it is the best time to be outside. I look closer for any sign of Spring and get more excited a the first plants that I see! Yesterday I discovered a Harbinger of Spring blooming in my own little wildflower patch! Spring Beauty leaves and buds are showing and yes soon they will bloom!
:)