Monday, November 15, 2021

Hofma Preserve Grand Haven Michigan. October 2021

 A walk at Hofma Preserve in Grand Haven Township 















This is the park I walk at most often.  It is close to home, it has woods, water, lots of trails. 

Hofma Preserve has 446 acres with approximately 4.5 miles of trails, an 885 foot floating bridge, 17 space parking area and a restroom.

Hofma Park has 120 acres with 1 shelter, a restroom, a soccer field, 78 space parking area, a softball field and a developed playground.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Gardener said...

I love that boardwalk, Chris! I wonder if it leads to any bog mats where pitcher plants or orchids grow.
You had some fairly good fall colors and you're very lucky to have that park so close to home. You must know it well.
Thanks for the tour!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Yes it is an amazing boardwalk. That’s Pottawattomie Bayou and at the other end of the boardwalk is Hofma Park, miles of trails.
Recently added to the preserve side is an old evergreen farm, probably another 20 acres, so Hofma is several hundred acres. Oak, maple, beech woods, some places huge hemlocks, a couple creeks, then the farm addition- pretty much has everything.

I have found Purple Fringed Orchid in two areas. I’m not sure about bogs, but they could certainly be there hidden away. Some areas I have explored but there are many more acres to discover.

I plan to continue to explore, it is my kind of place, lots of places to roam and discover!
Thanks Allen.

Big Brother! said...

Very nice and some good colors too! Glad our weather has been fairly mild for walks now.

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks Big Brother Chuck,
Yes it has been good weather for walking ( and hunting for some).
I’m ready to get back out there soon!