Monday, November 22, 2021

Kirk Park and Rosy Mound Natural Area, Ottawa County Michigan. November 1 and 2, 2021

 Both of these parks are along the shores of Lake Michigan, which means there are lots of stairs over forested dunes to get to the big Lake.  First Kirk Park.  I went here November 1, I counted 466 steps over the wooded dune.  Some of the stairs were eroded away last year with high Lake Michigan water levels.

Kirk Park













This is the map from my walk I didn't really go out into the lake. 







The next day I met my daughter at Rosy Mound Natural Area.  We walked all the trails and stairs!  It was a wonderful walk. 
















I hope you enjoyed these walks. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

New Hampshire Gardener said...

You live in a very beautiful place, Chris. Your fall foliage was excellent!
You're also lucky that you have a lakeshore. I can only imagine what you might find there.
Thanks for the tour. It was beautiful, especially since all our trees are bare now.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks, Allen. Yes it is beautiful and we have so much park land, which is nice for me because I am able to use the parks often.
Lake Michigan is a big deal here of course, for many reasons, number one is that it is beautiful and a great places to watch the sunset. It has a big influence on our weather too, some good, some not so good, like lake effect snow.

We had some big winds yesterday, so many more leaves are down, yet we still have a good amount on the trees. Maybe I’ll get to a park tomorrow and see what the trees are like now, these pictures were from November 1 and 2.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!