Thursday, November 11, 2021

October 2021 Texas, Gentian at Hemlock Crossing, Ludington State Park, Grand Haven Pier

 We have had a beautiful and warm autumn this year.  Today is November 11 2021 and the trees are still so bright and golden.

This is our driveway, no sun but still warm and glowing gold.

I took my third trip to Texas for the year, this time I went to just play with our youngest grandkids, ages 6, 4, and 2 years.  We played lots of hide and seek at their new house, went in the pool, visited a nature preserve, and a pumpkin patch!  Grandkids amaze me!  What interesting and curious people they are. Each one has their own uniqueness, they are curious and have their own ideas in those adorable little heads. 


 

I really do love being up in the clouds!



After Texas, my sister from Minnesota visited Michigan.  We took her to Hemlock Crossing Park and Nature Center.  This is the park I have been watching some beautiful Closed Gentian, and we checked on those gentian and they were still blooming!  Mid October.

Hemlock Crossing 


We went into the nature center here at Hemlock Crossing and talked with Kristen Hintz, she has so much good information, it was fun seeing her again.  She works for Ottawa County Parks. 

Four sisters go for a walk!  We went together to Ludington State Park, we walked  Lost Lake/ Island  Trail.  It was a wonderful walk and so nice the four of us could be together on a perfect day.




In Grand Haven we went all the way out on the south pier on a very calm day.




That is it for this post.  I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.





4 comments:

NH Gardener said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful Chris! I wish I had one!
Nice too that all four of you girls could get together. It sounds like that doesn't get to happen too often.
That's a beautiful gentian and I loved seeing the local scenery.
I've never been in a plane so that was interesting too. With a fear of heights I'm not sure I could do anything but photos when it comes to flying!

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks Allen we are luck to have 6 grandkids, two are 18 years old!
The four of us sisters get together usually once a year, so yes it is special.
I was so happy to see that gentian still blooming. Some had turned brown. I have lots more pictures of the pretty leaves and parks from October but I’m slow at making a post so maybe another short post soon.
Being up high in a plane is different to me than being up on a roof. I feel quite safe in the plane and the clouds sometimes are like mountains!
And at the end of the flight I get to see those sweet faces on the kids.
Thanks for stopping by.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I enjoyed reading through your adventure. Thank you for sharing all the pictures. They are beautiful! I especially like the butterfly shot and the autumn trees against the gray sky. So pretty! :)

Plants Amaze Me said...

Thanks Sister in the Mid west
The butterfly was a Queen, I saw it in Texas at a butterfly garden at the nature preserve. There were still flowers blooming there, Blazing Star, and some many more flowers.